When we tell people about our tribes, the first thing we hear is “yaaassss”. And then the second is “so why not liquid?”. And we get it. We’re so used to liquid foundations that the elusive powdery texture of mineral foundation can seem strange at first. We’ve heard all the questions like: How does it work? Will I really get full coverage? Is it really all natural? Well, it’s easy, yes you can, and yes it is :). But, in case that’s not enough to convince you, here are our seven real life reasons why we think you should give mineral foundation a try.
- It’s a truly natural form of makeup. At it’s core, all mineral foundation is composed of a blend of simple ingredients that come straight from the earth. For us, we focused on using pigment rich iron oxides for our Mélanine Riche foundation line.
- It provides natural sun protection. While there’s some truth to the phrase “black don’t crack” that doesn’t mean you don’t need protection. While we definitely recommend applying a good sunscreen before you leave the house, the minerals found in mineral foundation are natural filters of both UVA and UVB sun rays.
- Allows effortless buildable coverage. Mineral foundation is known for providing coverage like no other. Good mineral foundations like our Mélanine Riche line, leave out all the extra fillers and concentrate simply on pigment and smooth feel. This helps mineral foundation give you fuller, buildable coverage that doesn’t settle into fine lines or wrinkles and feels like a second skin.
- It’s non-comedogenic. Have you ever wondered why mineral foundation seems to work so well across skin types even sensitive and acne prone? Well that’s because a good mineral foundation doesn’t clog pores or cause breakouts.
- It has a long shelf life. Whether or not we follow the rules, makeup has an expiration date. And if you’re using a chemical based liquid foundation, you should be replacing it every six months or so. Since mineral foundation is natural, doesn’t have any harmful chemicals, and has no need for preservatives, it doesn’t have the traditional foundation to breed bacteria. Your mineral foundation can technically last forever but because of makeup brushes and daily application 18 months to two years is recommended. That’s 3x longer that traditional makeup!
- It’s lightweight. Unlike liquid foundation that is packed with heavy ingredients or even other mineral makeup brands that use fillers like talc, our mineral foundation is super light making it great for those days where you’ll be out and about for hours.
- It’s perfect for all skin types. Okay, so we know we mentioned this before but mineral foundation works no matter your skin type. And our Mélanine Riche Foundation, in particular, works for all skin tones too! We offer 15 shades so you can find your perfect match, every time.